CERTIFIED GOVERNMENT CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER™ PROGRAM
Current CGCIO™ Program
Program Duration August 2020 to October 2021
Tuition $3,900 per participant, which includes all three GA GMIS conference registrations
Note: Tuition includes conference food but not other expenses.
Application Deadline July 15, 2020
Class size limited to 24 participants.
The Carl Vinson Institute of Government has partnered with GA–GMIS to offer this certificate. Due to this collaboration, the in-person classes will be arranged during the semi-annual GA–GMIS conferences, which will take place
October 25 – 29, 2020 · St. Simon’s Island, GA
May 2 – 6, 2021 · Athens, GA
October 17 – 21, 2021 · Savannah, GA
The Certified Government Chief Information Officer™ (CGCIO™) focuses on
- emerging technologies
- contract management
- interpersonal communication
- project and resource management
- other related topics
Engage in discussion.
Complete interactive activities.
Take part in small group work.
Carry out reflective and independent assignments.
The full program includes 240 learning credit hours, which includes:
Requirements for acceptance into the program
- Minimum five years of private or public managerial experience in the technology field, at least three years of technology management
- Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Agree by signature to a self-enforced code of ethics
- At least one letter of support/approval for participation from manager/supervisor or city or county leader
- Completion of formal application stating why you want to enroll in this program, what you bring to the class, and your expectations (application form will be provided)
- Ability to pay tuition in full upon acceptance/registration
*Prospective students may ask the program developer for a waiver for numbers 1 and 2 above only during the application process. Petitions may include a rationale for the request of waiver.