CERTIFIED GOVERNMENT CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER™ PROGRAM
The Certified Government Chief Information Officer™ (CGCIO™) focuses on
- emerging technologies
- contract management
- interpersonal communication
- project and resource management
- other related topics
Engage in discussion.
Complete interactive activities.
Take part in small group work.
Carry out reflective and independent assignments.
Requirements for acceptance into the program
- Minimum five years of private or public managerial experience in the technology field, at least three years of technology management
- Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Agree by signature to a self-enforced code of ethics
- At least one letter of support/approval for participation from manager/supervisor or city or county leader
- Completion of formal application stating why you want to enroll in this program, what you bring to the class, and your expectations (application form will be provided)
- Ability to pay tuition in full upon acceptance/registration
*Prospective students may ask the program developer for a waiver for numbers 1 and 2 above only during the application process. Petitions may include a rationale for the request of waiver.
The Carl Vinson Institute of Government has partnered with GA–GMIS to offer this certificate. Due to this collaboration, the in-person classes will be arranged during the semi-annual GA–GMIS conferences, which will take place
- Fall 2020, St. Simon’s Island
- Spring 2021, Athens
- Fall 2021, Location TBD (Coastal Georgia)