The Certified Government Chief Information Officer™ (CGCIO™) program focuses on emerging technologies, information security, ethics, contract management, interpersonal communication, project and resource management, and sustainability, among other related topics.
The University of Georgia Carl Vinson Institute of Government (CVIOG) has partnered with Georgia Government Management Information Sciences (GA GMIS) to offer program certification for qualified professionals through online and in-person classes, independent assignments, and a capstone project.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE INTO THE PROGRAM
- Minimum of five years of public or private managerial experience in the technology field*
- Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited institution of higher learning*
- Agree to a self-enforced code of ethics
- At least one letter of approval for participation from a supervisor, or city or county leader
- Completion of a formal application (to be provided) stating your purpose for enrolling in the program, what you will bring to the class, and your overall expectations
- Ability to pay tuition in full upon acceptance of application and registration
For more detailed information on the requirements, course schedules, and costs; please review the course description.